Napoleon Hill (October 26, 1883 – November 8, 1970) was an American author who was one of the earliest producers of the modern genre of personal-success literature. He is widely considered to be one of the great writers on success. His most famous work, Think and Grow Rich (1937), is one of the best-selling books of all time (at the time of Hill’s death in 1970, Think and Grow Rich had sold 20 million copies). Hill’s works examined the power of personal beliefs, and the role they play in personal success. He became an advisor to President Franklin D. Roosevelt from 1933 to 1936. “What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve” is one of Hill’s hallmark expressions. How achievement actually occurs, and a formula for it that puts success in reach of the average person, were the focal points of Hill’s books.
One of my favourite writers, with one of his best quotes:
a goal is a dream with a deadline
Recommendations for personal self help books
Although probably 90% of the population never reads a business books, we created a list of personal-success books which are worth reading. There are hundreds of success book but at Maripositas we think this is the top 25. We tried not to focus on one theme but instead we kept the spectrum as wide as possible.
- Think and Grow Rich
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- The Strangest Secret
- How To Win Friends and Influence People
- The Richest Man in Babylon
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
- The Secret
- The Last Lecture
- Feel the Fear . . . and Do It Anyway
- The Greatest Salesman in the World
- You Were Born Rich
- Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose (Oprah’s Book Club, Selection 61)
- Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
- How Would Love Respond?: Imagine If You Were Given a Gift So Powerful That You Knew You Had to Share It With the World
- A Philosopher’s Notes – On Optimal Living, Creating an Authentically Awesome Life and Other Such Goodness
- You Can Heal Your Life
- Awaken the Giant Within : How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
- The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
- The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom: Practical and Spiritual Steps So You Can Stop Worrying
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives
- As a Man Thinketh (Life-Changing Classics Ser) (Life-Changing Pamphlet)
Any other ideas of books that belong to this list? Let us know your comments. One of the books doesn’t belong in the list, tell us right away.